Amazing Essay Topics & Ideas for Your Next Project (2022)
A great essay is incomplete without a good essay topic. The topic you choose must reflect your interest and knowledge. When starting your essay, there are many topics to choose from, but it can be difficult to figure out what exactly that is. Some students get confused when they select the essay topic.
The type of essay you need to write can often depend on what topic interests or concerns your audience. Before starting an essay, you should always take time to understand where it will fit into the category and know how best to convey that message through every word chosen.
Continue reading this blog and get a complete list of essay and research paper topics to help in your topic-selection process.
Tips for Choosing the Best Topics
Choosing the perfect essay topic is one of those things you really should do before starting your essay. If it's not something that interests or excites you, then how will anyone else find any passion in reading about it?
A good backbone for an interesting essay starts with a strong idea. For your help, we gathered some tips that will help you in choosing a good essay topic.
- To make your essay engaging and interesting for audiences of all ages, try choosing a topic that is not too technical.
- Try to choose a unique and interesting essay topic.
- Do some research and then choose a topic.
- Know the audience’s interest.
(back to top)
Many people are worried about the COVID-19 pandemic. Nobody knows what will happen in the next few months. We may have to stay inside our homes for a long time. This is a topic that many people are interested in. So it would be a good idea to write about it in your essay.
We have compiled some interesting ideas below for your help:
- How does the current situation compare with other major outbreaks in history?
- What steps need to be taken now, or soon inaction might lead?
- How do you get COVID-19?
- Where do coronaviruses come from?
- School life during COVID-19
- How is coronavirus diagnosed?
- Covid testing
- Pros and cons of self-isolation
- The effects of Covid-19 on business
- A person or special friend you lost due to COVID-19
(back to top)
Essay Topics by Category
Here are some essay topics that can be categorized into different types of essays.
Good Argumentative Essay Topics
An argumentative essay presents arguments for and against an issue. You have to show both sides of the issue, but you only need to focus on the side that you support the most.
Some good argumentative essay topics are below:
- What should be done to reduce income inequality?
- Should self-driving cars be legal?
- Should companies market to children?
- Is it still important to teach English in schools?
- Are emojis beneficial or destructive to communication?
- Should women be allowed to fight on the front lines alongside men?
- Is cheese a good enough substitute for milk?
- Should the United States have one official language?
- Are the public school policies reasonable?
- The sales and production of tobacco should be made illegal.
We hope you get a good topic for your essay. If there's a specific topic or type of writing that interests you, be sure to check more argumentative essay topics.
Persuasive Essay Topics
A persuasive essay is a type of writing that you are often asked to do in high school, college, and university. It shows how well you can persuade people with facts and logic.
Here are some topics that you can use for your help.
- Should healthcare be universal?
- Should students learn cursive writing in school?
- School should take place in the evenings.
- What is the funniest movie you’ve ever seen?
- Do hobbies help people with their careers?
- How does it benefit nature to reduce human paper consumption?
- Dreamers must obtain permission to stay in the US.
- Schools should have playtime in between classes.
- Churches should pay taxes too.
- Is solar energy worth the cost?
Continue reading our blog persuasive essay topics and get some more interesting topics.
Narrative Essay Topics
A narrative essay is a type of writing that tells the writer's story and experiences. The writer's point of view and life events entertain the audience in this essay type.
Below are some good narrative essay topics for your help.
- The story of how you got your first pet.
- How did you write your first essay?
- The beginning of a friendship or relationship.
- What I remember most about my childhood.
- The best songwriters of modern times.
- Write about a time when you felt on top of the world.
- Growing up in New York.
- How much time do you spend alone?
- A day in the life of a flight attendant.
- Did you like any particular subject when in school?
You can also get more interesting narrative essay topics and choose the one that suits your needs.
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
In a compare and contrast essay, you show how two things are similar and different. This essay type is easy to write because you don’t need to use facts, but you have to express your thoughts.
The following are the topics for your ease.
- Mobile healthcare units or stationary clinics.
- Formulas of two different chemical reactions.
- Public vs. private transportation.
- Chocolate and marmalade candies.
- How do education and employment compare?
- British colonization and Spanish colonization.
- Eating fast food against consuming healthy meals.
- African countries vs. European countries.
- Differences and similarities: Writing emails and letters.
- Plagiarizing content vs. cheating on exams.
You can also check more compare and contrast essay topics and get ideas for your essay topics.
Cause and Effect Essay Topics
It is fascinating to discuss the effects and causes of two subjects in an essay. An essay that discusses the effects and causes of two subjects enhances the students’ creative and analytical skills.
Take a look at the below topics and choose the best one for your essay.
- How happy relationships affect a person.
- Coke and Pepsi: Their influence on our health.
- What causes social media sites to lose popularity?
- Why would you mix Coke and Pepsi at breakfast?
- How does college differ from university?
- Explain the outcomes of low social status.
- Microplastic in food damages human health.
- What are the main reasons couples get divorced?
- What are the consequences of drinking and driving?
- How does social media help in overcoming shyness?
Always choose from the best cause and effect essay topics for your academic assignment.
Informative Essay Topics
An informative essay is a type of essay that provides detailed information to the readers. This type of essay requires good research skills.
Check out the below topics for your informative essay assignment.
- Kindness is the utmost personal trait.
- Things that cause eating disorders.
- What is the importance of oxygen?
- How can tanning be dangerous for your skin?
- The events that led up to World War II.
- Trump presidency outcomes.
- The important human health vitamins.
- How to clean your room?
- Eating Maggi destroys your health.
- Importance of vitamin C.
You can also get more informative essay topics from our blog for your essay assignment.
Research Essay Topics
When you write a research essay, you present an issue based on the work of scholars and scientists.
Here are some interesting research essay topics that you can use or alter according to your teacher’s requirements:
- What is the future of religion?
- Effects of homeschooling.
- What are the pros and cons of cloud computing?
- How does a search engine work?
- Should prayer be a part of high school?
- Can bullying be a cause for murder?
- Effects of vaccination.
- How do behavioral patterns develop?
- The importance of mental health.
- Explain the art of Ancient Egypt.
Expository Essay Topics
An expository essay's main goal is to explain a process or a cause and effect relationship. You have to use facts and research to support what you say. The biggest difference between an expository essay and other types of essays is that the point you are trying to argue is based on analysis, not just your opinion.
Some good expository essay topics below for your essay assignment:
- Explain why teens do drugs.
- How would you stop racism?
- How was your first day at school?
- Explain how a seed becomes a plant?
- Describe the state of the cure for cancer
- What makes a good friend?
- Explain how tobacco companies target teenagers.
- How to become a leader?
- Why do kids lie?
- Autocorrect could ruin your life.
You can also get more expository essay topics and write an engaging essay without any problem.
Definition Essay Topics
In a definition essay, the essay writer gives a clear and concise definition of a term. In most cases, these essays are about terms that are not concrete and which can have different meanings depending on the culture or personal perspective.
Here are some excellent topics for a definition essay:
- Does money matter?
- Is one friend enough?
- What is honesty?
- Modern art
- Social media
- Define smelly cats/
- What is college for you?
- What is physics?
- Are bananas fruit?
- Explain the word “agility.”
Get more outstanding definition essay topics from our blog and make your topic selection process easy.
Descriptive Essay Topics
A descriptive essay focuses on describing details of a particular person, place, event, etc. Descriptive essays are usually about personal experiences or things that are vivid in the writer's memory.
Any topic can be used for a descriptive essay. For your help, we gathered some great topics, so take a look at them and pick the best one.
- Describe a lucky object.
- The best singer
- My first flight
- My favorite singer
- Going fishing.
- The traffic signal
- A pizza
- An inspiring view
- Best summer vacation
- Piece of art
If you're looking for more great descriptive essay topics, check out our blog. Our team has put together a great selection of topics that will make the process of choosing a topic much easier.
Personal Essay Topics
A personal essay is a story about your life. It should be written in a friendly, intimate tone. The essay should reflect your character and examine the emotions you have felt because of certain events that have happened to you.
Here is a great list of topics for your help.
- Your biggest loss
- What makes you a good coworker or friend?
- How did you get hurt?
- What was your most precious childhood possession?
- Why do people like karaoke?
- Your bucket list of wishes
- Why do some people avoid vaccines?
- Child discipline
- Your family traditions.
- Why don’t I smoke?
Problem Solution Essay Topics
A problem-solution essay is a persuasive type of writing. It presents a problem and then describes it in detail. The writer must show how to fix the problem, and they must be convincing. The essay must have strong evidence and arguments that prove that the given solution is the best.
Below are some topics that can make your essay great.
- What obstacles prevent people from getting help?
- Should college athletes be paid?
- How can schools promote tolerance?
- Educating women on self-defense
- Helping young people create a healthy family.
- What are the ways of avoiding cheating?
- The films are just not very good
- Business problems
- Rising costs of bills
Classification Essay Topics
A classification essay is a formal piece of writing that shows how you group things together. You might put things with similar characteristics together or with things that are different.
Check out some great essay topics.
- How to quit smoking?
- Healthy breakfast foods
- Types of fashion brands.
- Reasons why graffiti is an art form.
- Types of lectures
- Portable music players
- Best ways to avoid people
- Types of therapies
- Examples of women
- Types of internet commerce
Proposal Essay Topics
A proposal essay is a type of essay where you propose an idea and try to convince the reader why it is a good or bad idea.
You can pick any of the topics from the below-mentioned list and write a great essay.
- Can vaccines cause autism?
- The impact of gender roles in Roman society.
- A program for attracting more men nurses.
- What tests should be eliminated?
- Offer simple ways to deal with stray animals.
- Best ways to handle overbearing parents.
- Do statistical arguments in sports help?
- Turning points in personal life
- Should teens have jobs?
- How to decrease the number of smokers?
Controversial Argumentative Essay Topics
Essay topics are sometimes controversial. For your help, check this list that gives you ideas for a great essay.
- Are hot dogs bad for you?
- Should euthanasia be illegal?
- Paper books vs. E-books.
- Are school uniforms advantageous?
- Should torture be acceptable?
- Sports make you a good student.
- Is bottled water safe?
- Monarchy: pros and cons.
- Is prostitution a crime?
- Should gym class be required?
Funny Argumentative Essay Topics
Do you want to make your essay more interesting? Why not try a funny topic? Humor is a great way to get your reader's attention and keep them interested in what you have to say.
Look at the below-mentioned topics and write a great essay.
- Why is wearing braces fun?
- Why are dogs irreplaceable friends?
- Can a diamond be a girl’s best friend?
- Does Google make us smart?
- Things your mother is always saying.
- How to deal with breakups?
- Is music class necessary?
- Why do women like evening outs?
- Can I join your family?
- How not to sleep?
(back to top)
Good Essay Topics for Students
A good essay topic will make your writing phase easy and help you get good grades from the teacher. When you pick the essay topic, make sure it is interesting and meets your teacher’s requirements.
We compiled some great essay topics that help you in creating a great essay.
Essay Topics for Kids
- Describe your worst nightmare.
- Football vs. baseball.
- Why is math hard?
- How to help animals?
- People are good at heart.
- Benefits of drinking tea Vs. Coffee.
- Is your school day too short?
- Our school library.
- What do you like best about winter?
- Christmas Eve with family and friends.
Essay Topics for Grade 4
- My last summer vacation.
- What is the funniest thing you've ever seen?
- How to prevent bullying?
- Why is it important to be honest and not lie?
- What do you like about how you look?
- What is your favorite television show, and why?
- Can you live without television?
- How are we affecting the environment?
- Importance of recycling.
- The garbage collector.
Essay Topics for Grade 5
- Write a poem about your favorite season.
- Skating and running have a lot in common.
- Who is your hero, and why?
- What if the president were a kid?
- Being rich vs. being famous.
- Cereal is not a healthy breakfast.
- A random act of kindness.
- Are boys too dominating?
- The rainy season.
- Spending time with family or friends
Essay Topics for Middle School Students
- What is your favorite children’s literature?
- From your point of view, what factors contribute to a good movie?
- Write about a vacation that you will never forget.
- Should people be allowed to keep exotic animals like chimpanzees or tigers?
- Should sports marketing professionals earn more money?
- Difference between effects of books and video games on morals.
- How many friends do teens need to have?
- How do online high schools compare to traditional education?
- What are the best informative essay topics?
- Should students be able to pick their teachers?
Essay Topics for Grade 6
- Tom and Jerry are the best cartoons.
- Reading is more important than math.
- A field trip that your class took.
- Annual day in my school.
- In my experience, I agree to attend a party.
- Imagine that dogs take over the world.
- Should boys and girls be in separate classes?
- Describe your future life.
- How should parents be an example to their children?
- Technology and education.
Essay Topics for Grade 7
- Trees are our best friends.
- Why do children like holidays?
- A good diet means good health.
- Zoos are unsafe for young children.
- My favorite academic writing website.
- Why is it important to set goals?
- What is the best decision you ever made?
- Schools and colleges should minimize the fees.
- Effects of social media on youth.
- How fair is our election process?
Essay Topics for Grade 8
- How many sweets should kids eat daily?
- Writing an essay improves writing skills.
- Technology makes people's lives better.
- Is the death penalty right?
- Start a story with a lyric from a song.
- Write about the type of rides in the park.
- Do you prefer weekdays or weekends?
- The matter of age in a relationship.
- Do your teachers use technology well?
- Do you make friends slowly or quickly?
Essay Topics for High School Students
- Does social media negatively impact teenagers’ social lives?
- Do you always have your phone or tablet at your side?
- Should children be punished for inappropriate behavior?
- What is the most important thing in the world to you?
- Is there a connection between real-life violence and video games?
- Ways to deal with insomnia and other sleeping disorders.
- Do advancements in modern technologies ruin childhood?
- The death sentence should be activated in every country of the world.
- Methods of preventing excessive air pollution from factories.
- Pros and cons of getting admission to an expensive university.
Essay Topics for College Students
- What are the advantages the US educational system offers to international students?
- Explain the possible consequences of dropping out of college.
- Social media has played a big role in increasing business opportunities.
- What is one thing you want to accomplish in college?
- How would you feel about a computer grading your essays?
- What is an extracurricular activity that has been meaningful to you?
- Professional athletes are overpaid.
- Do you know the secret to Taylor Swift's popularity?
- The day you decided to change your life.
- Can you succeed in life working in the field of art?
Now, you get a list of several essay topics for your college essay assignment. However, if you need help in the essay writing phase, simply consult CollegeEssay.org .
Our professional essay writers will help you in writing top-notch essays. So, contact us now and get an experienced writer’s help for your assignments.
Barbara is a highly educated and qualified author with a Ph.D. in public health from an Ivy League university. She has spent a significant amount of time working in the medical field, conducting a thorough study on a variety of health issues. Her work has been published in several major publications.