Essay writing is one of the first things that a student learns in academic life. It is something that a student never gets rid of and has to do it at almost all educational levels. This is not merely a part of academic life. It also helps the students enhance their different skills like writing, thinking, and analytical.
Many students find it an interesting task, but it is a daunting and tiring task for many. The reason why it is difficult for many students to write an essay is that they cannot find a good topic. It may sound awkward but at times, it becomes really difficult to find a good topic.
If you have been assigned to write a literary analysis essay, we can help you find a good topic for your essay. In this blog, we have summed up an extensive list of literary analysis essay topics for you.
A literary analysis essay is a type of college essay written to analyze different works of literature specifically. You may write it to analyze a complete book or movie and analyze different short stories or even a tv show.
Keep on reading this blog, and hopefully, you will find the perfect literature topic you have been looking for.
How to Choose a Literary Analysis Topic?
Choosing a topic may not be as simple as it looks. One must have sufficient time to search for the topic and analyze it and see if it fits the requirements.
While you are searching for the topic, make sure to look for something interesting and eye-catching. To grab the reader’s attention, you must ensure that you write your essay on an interesting and unique topic.
No matter what type of essay you are writing, you must come up with a strong and interesting topic. It will help you attain the reader’s attention and allow you to write in detail. while looking for good analytical essay topics for a literary work, you must keep the following things in mind.
- Thoroughly read the literary work.
- Try to identify the main objectives of the work.
- Identify and understand the purpose of the work.
- Choose a topic that is directly related to the work you have chosen.
- Analyze the topic in detail with different literary devices before you start writing on it.
- Focus on your target audience and write according to their caliper.
- Stick to the theme of the literary work while writing your essay.
(back to top)
Good Literary Analysis Essay Topics
An essay topic is considered to be good if it is understandable for the audience and easy for you to explain.
We can help you if you are a high school student looking for some good topics for a literary analysis essay. Down below, you will find many different yet attractive topics for your literary analysis paper.
Literary Analysis Topics for Othello
- Analyze the role of Bianca in the play “Othello” and also analyze how her class influences the ways people treated her.
- Analyze the behavior of men towards Emilia in the play “Othello”?
- Analyze the idea of jealousy and love in the play “Othello.”
- Analyze the type of relationship does Othello have with Cassio?
- Analyze how women are portrayed in “Othello”?
- To what extent are males dominant in “Othello”? Analyze.
- To what extent are women depicted differently in “Othello” than they are today?
- To what extent do women show their empowerment throughout the theme of the “Othello”?
- What message did “Othello” have for society?
- Try to analyze the purpose of the play.
Literary Analysis Essay Topics for Catcher in the Rye
- Analyze the character of Holden, as seen in the “Catcher in the Rye.”
- Analyze and explain why Catcher in the Rye is considered one of the American classics.
- Describe phoniness and innocence, as displayed in the novel.
- Analyze the scenarios that show hypocrisy in the play “Catcher in the Rye.”
- Analyze the theme of self-discovery from the novel.
- Analyze the most influential element of the novel.
- Describe the theme of loneliness in the story.
- Analyze the aspects of human nature exposed by the novel.
- Identify some of the aspects that show that Holden contradicts himself.
- Try to analyze whether Holden is considered a dynamic or a static character.
1984 Literary Analysis Paper Topics
- How can the book “1984” be compared with the books of today?
- Analyze the theme, setting, and characters of the novel.
- Analyze the turning point in the novel.
- Analyze the novel “1984” in the context of racial discrimination.
- Analyze the concept of “party” in the novel “1984”.
- Analyze how “dystopia” has been highlighted in the book “1984” By George Orwell.
- Analyze how oppression and fear became the reason for rebellion in “1984”.
- Analyze “1984” in the context of Carl Jung’s analytical psychology.
- What do you think about the purpose of the book?
- Analyze the book from the “Sci-Fi” aspect.
“Hamlet” Literary Analysis Essay Topic Ideas
- Analyze how Shakespeare uses the imagery in act three of “Hamlet”?
- Analyze how Hamlet’s speech moved from active to passive.
- List the names of Hamlet’s various foils. What role do they play, and how much are they important?
- Analyze how Hamlet’s character and the plot of the play develop along with his ideas of sin and salvation.
- Analyze how Hamlet perceives death. Support your analysis with at least three quotes from credible sources.
- Analyze how Hamlet relates to King Lear.
- Analyze the mood swings of Hamlet throughout the play. What influences his mood?
- Analyze the character of Hamlet from the perspective of a hero and a villain.
- Analyze the relationship between hamlet and Ophelia.
- How “suicide” is the main theme of hamlet?
Macbeth Literary Analysis Essay Topics
- Analyze which among Banquo, Macduff, and Macbeth was the real villain?
- What does the blood symbolize in the play “Macbeth”?
- Talk about Macbeth’s hallucinations and visions. Also, analyze its effects on the overall character?
- Analyze King Duncan’s personality and state his contributions to the play.
- Discuss Macbeth’s insanity as a result of greedy and dishonest nature.
- Analyze how figurative language is used in “Macbeth.”
- Analyze how imagery will help in understanding “Macbeth” easily.
- Discuss what would happen if the gender roles of Lady Macbeth and Macbeth were switched.
- The supernatural plays an important role in Macbeth. Analyze.
- Analyze the minor characters of the play.
“The Crucible” Literary Analysis Essay Topics
- Analyze the roles of Elizabeth Proctor and Abigail Williams.
- What role did sex, and sexual repression, play in The Crucible?
- Why are Danforth, Hathorne, and the others did not believe that Abigail and the other girls were liars?
- Analyze the type of government Salem was running.
- Analyze Reverend Parris and his motivations in support of the witch trials.
- Discuss the way Miller has presented the ideas about freedom in The Crucible?
- How would you analyze Miller’s presentation of Abigail in The Crucible?
- How do Miller present ideas about witch-hunts in The Crucible?
- Discuss the changes that Reverend Hale undergoes in the course of the play.
- What kind of governmental rule is shown in the play?
Romeo and Juliet Literary Analysis Essay Topics
- Discuss the character of Romeo and his passion for Rosaline. Does this weaken the intensity of the love he feels for Juliet?
- Examine and analyze the dramatic role Friar Laurence serves in the play “Romeo and Juliet.”
- Analyze what makes Mercutio so memorable a character in the story of Romeo and Juliet?
- Examine the role of women in Romeo and Juliet.
- Why are Romeo and Juliet referred to as "star-crossed lovers.” Discuss the concept of the destiny that has been predetermined for them.
- Discuss Act 3, Scene 2 of the play, and pay particular attention to its poetic merits.
- Discuss the passage of time throughout Romeo and Juliet.
- Examine carefully the similarities and differences between the two young men who love Juliet.
- Why is this play a favorite of all?
- Why is the story of Romeo and Juliet still remembered?
The Great Gatsby Literary Analysis Essay Topics
- Analyze the metaphorical meaning of color that the writer has tried to present in the novel?
- Analyze the modernism depicted in The Great Gatsby.
- Conduct analysis in the symbolic meaning of Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby.
- What is the metaphorical meaning of the Valley of Ashes?
- What is the meaning of time in the novel?
- Analyze the mindset of Fitzgerald in “the great Gatsby” and Mark Twain in “A Tramp Abroad.”
- How do secondary characters add up to the storyline?
- What are the central themes in The Great Gatsby?
- Analyze the end of the play.
- What message does society get from “The Great Gatsby”.
“Fahrenheit 451” Literary Analysis Essay Topics
- Analyze the steps that make Montag decide to preserve books instead of destroying them.
- Consider the idea of conformity instead of individuality presented in this novel.
- Analyze the main title of the novel.
- Explain the messages or ideas the author is trying to share with his readers. Analyze the aspects of society that he has targeted.
- Conduct a literary analysis of the book and the movie “Fahrenheit 451”. Keep into consideration the bibliography.
- Analyze the significant ideological problems involved in censorship.
- Concentrate on the dual image that the fire has in this novel. What is it indicating?
- Evaluate the psychological complexity of your favorite character from the novel.
- Discuss the use of quotations from literature in Fahrenheit 451.
- Discuss the theme of the book.
Literary Analysis Essay Topics on “To Kill a Mockingbird”
- Analyze the childhood world of Jem, Scout, and Dill.
- Analyze the relationship of Jem with Boo Radley.
- Analyze the role Jem and Scout played throughout the novel.
- What is Atticus’s relationship to the rest of Maycomb?
- Analyze the role of Maycomb in the community shown in the novel.
- Discuss the role of family in To Kill a Mockingbird.
- What vibes did you get from the character of Aunt Alexandra.
- Examine Miss Maudie’s relationship to the Finches.
- Discuss the way the author has described the Maycomb.
- Analyze the author’s intention towards Boo Radley.
Literary Analysis Essay Topics for The Animal Farm
- Discuss the most important theme of the novel.
- Analyze the main characters of the novel.
- The novel, Animal Farm is a symbolism for human civilization. How?
- Analyze the use of persuasive language in the novel.
- Examine the Orwellian tone. How did it contribute to make the novel humorous?
- What is the symbolism of the windmill in the novel?
- Discuss the plot of the novel “The Animal Farm".
- How is a farm house the main setting of the novel?
- What is the inherent irony in “The Animal Farm”.
- Discuss the use of fables in the novel.
Besides, if you are looking for an essay topic for your analytical essay, you can go through an extensive analytical essay topics list and choose from it.
(back to top)
Tips to Write an Effective Literary Analysis Essay
Being a student, you must be ready all the time to write any type of essay. Remember that essay writing is not as difficult as it may seem to many students. There are some very simple things that you need to ensure.
Some quick tips for writing a literary analysis essay easily are as follows.
- Focus on the topic you have selected and collected sufficient data related to it.
- Collect relevant evidence from authentic sources.
- Create a strong literary analysis essay outline for your essay.
- Develop your main thesis statement in such a way that it supports your essay.
- Once you are done with the writing process, make sure that you revise it at least once. This will help you write a high-quality and error-free essay.
Despite having a good topic, all the guidance, and the required information, many students can still not write an essay themself. The reason may not be the incompetence of a student. Sometimes students lack time as they have many other assignments to take care of. If you are also in this situation, the best option is to opt for a professional essay writing service. At CollegeEssay.org, we provide the students with the best writing services. Our team of professional writers is just a message away from assisting you.
In case you are looking for some well-written samples of different essay types, we can provide you that too.
Get in touch with our customer service at any time of the day and let us know all your queries. Place your order now and let all your stress of assignment completion go away.