A narrative essay is a form of writing that presents the writer’s experiences and stories on the topic. In this document, the writer’s point of view and life events are entertaining the audience.
When writing this academic essay type, the writer gets an opportunity to creatively portray and paint thoughts on the paper. Using different techniques and tools, the author adds life in his content that makes it worth reading.
Like other writing forms, this essay type requires an interesting theme or topic to be interesting. Selecting good narrative essay topics can be challenging but its importance can not be denied.
This article is drafted to help you choose the right essay topic for your narrative writing. Continue reading to select a strong narrative topic.
How to Select a Topic for Narrative Essay?
The planning of an essay has to do a lot in the overall execution and success of the essay. This is the major reason why expert writers spend time thinking and coming up with a theme for their writing pieces.
When choosing a topic for your essay, it is important to keep in mind that the idea should be able to present experiences, events, stories, and personal opinions. Unlike other formal writing types, narrative essay solely depends on how strong the portrayal of your thoughts and experiences are made.
So it is essential to choose a topic that allows the writer to best present the stories in the best possible way.
In order to make the selection process easier, professional essay writers of CollegeEssay.org have provided some steps. Follow them and get interesting topics for your essays.
- 1. Identify Your Interests
An easy trick to come up with an exceptional topic idea is to identify your interests. The thing that interests you or reflects your passion can be a really good choice for your narrative essay.
A narrative essay is a personal form of writing and to make it effective, write something you are most connected to. This will allow you to be creative and share engaging events and related stories.
Brainstorm ideas that you think hold the importance and meaning in your life. Moreover, think about how are you going to share information to make it interesting for the readers. If the topic is unable to share intriguing information, discard the idea.
- 2. Brainstorm Events and Stories
The narrative essay is based on the writer’s personal experiences. In order to decide on the topic, analyze and recall events and stories that took place in your life. The more interesting the story the more impactful the content is going to be.
The audience loves to know the tough decisions you made in your life, their consequences, the lessons you learned, and the events that changed your life. Choose a topic for which you have an impressive story or life experience ready to share.
Recall the following episodes to come up with striking information:
- Student life
- Important events
- Joyful/sorrowful moments
- Social life, etc.
Writing a good narrative essay means that the presentation of your experiences is done accurately. If you wish to draft a narrative essay, learn how the pre-writing and writing of an essay are carried out.
(back to top)
Good Narrative Essay Topics
Coming up with a good topic for your narrative essay requires skills. If you are in writer’s block or can not come up with anything exciting, get help from various topics below.
The narrative essay topic list is gathered by the writers of CollegeEssay.org. Go through the topic ideas and draft a great narrative essay effortlessly.
Narrative Essay Topics for Students
Here is a list of topics for students of all academic levels.
Narrative Essay Topics for University Students
- The worst interview of your life
- A time when you discovered something precious
- A time when you were insulted or disrespected
- A time you discovered one of your skills
- The moment when your loved one was hurt
- The moment when your best friend had an accident
- The day your father caught you smoking
- A mistake that taught you something significant
- An action you thought would help the person but got you in trouble.
- The moment when someone else’s experience saved your life
- The time when you underestimated a junior
- How has practicing helped you become a professional?
- The time when your beliefs were shaken
- An event that made you feel sorry about a person
- The time when you had to let go of one of your most important things
Narrative Essay Topics for College Students
- First experience of living in a hostel
- The worst roommate ever
- Frightening memory of your childhood
- Why you chose a specific major
- What studying in a dream college feels like?
- The most healthy part of your routine
- The time you inspired someone
- What should you tell your younger self?
- Your favorite author and his work that you most relate to
- A moment when your joke offended your friend
- Your favorite activities in your leisure time
- How you overcome your fears
- The hardest thing you did in life
- What regrets do you have in life?
- Your biggest motivation to score well in academics
Narrative Essay Topics for O Levels
- Attending a festival of a different culture
- An act or behavior that made you unhappy
- A moment you realize nothing is permanent.
- Things you are doing to improve life in your city?
- An experience that turned out a blessing in disguise
- The time your colleague was fired.
- An act that was purely a result of an advertisement
- What should be looked at in a job? Money or interest?
- The first time you voted in the elections
- Difficult decisions that gave fruitful results
- A time when your efforts ended in failure
- Wasted opportunities
- Importance of discipline
- Your favorite restaurant
- What caused you to run away from your responsibilities?
Narrative Essay Topics for Middle School
- The first time you made a Facebook account
- Electronic devices you can not live without
- Interesting encounter with a family member
- The person you are most attached to in your family
- The day when you tried sushi for the first time
- The weirdest experience with the stranger in a bus
- Why do you keep a diary with you?
- A real-life experience that made you believe that appearances can be misleading
- Which superpower would you like to have and why?
- A book that changed your perspective
- First time when paper writing becomes my profession
- An essay idea that makes my writing easy
- The story behind writing a research paper
- Your first international trip
- The moment you realized you are a grown-up
Narrative Essay Topics for Grade 5
- Your first day at school
- Your favorite teacher
- Your best winter vacations
- The happiest day of your life
- Your best birthday ever
- The moment when you got lost in a mall
- The most painful injury
- Your first pet
- The feeling of losing loved ones
- The hardest goodbye
- The most interesting summer school memory
- The moment when you saw your favorite actor in real life
- The first time you helped a needy person
- How you became friends with your best friend
- Your favorite movie
Narrative Essay Topics for Grade 7
- A moment that restored your faith in humanity
- The most memorable field trip
- A moment you realized how important it is to learn foreign languages
- The most embarrassing event of your life
- My favorite sibling
- Betrayal in friendship
- Why is television so important in your life?
- A hobby of yours that you recently adopted
- How extra classes helped you achieve better grades?
- The most memorable farewell
- A person that left a deep influence on you
- The day when you became a class representative
- Your first speech on the stage
- Your dream college
- Your favorite profession
(back to top)
Personal Narrative Essay Topics
- A movie character that you best relate your personality to
- What makes you emotionally weak?
- How did I lie to my parents about going on a trip with friends?
- Your first breakup
- What makes you think you are different from other people
- The worst school memory
- The time when you were bullied
- The time that you bullied someone and felt bad afterward
- Your happy place
- Building a dog house from scratch
- Losing a pet
- An experience of camping with a friend
- How did you learn to drive?
- How I learned to play drums
- What if you could travel back in time?
(back to top)
Literary Narrative Essay Topics
- How did you start developing interest in Shakespeare’s work
- A fictional character of literature that you can relate to most
- A movie that changed your worldview
- A play that influenced you the most
- Your motivation behind writing short stories
- Who do you think is an overrated writer?
- How to become a published writer
- A poem that made you cry
- The first poem you read
- What were the trends of literary devices used in the literature of the 19th century?
- The most heart-wrenching letter someone wrote to you.
- The memorable literature class
- The moment you realize the worth of studying literature
- The moment you realized you want to become a poet
- The best essay you drafted
(back to top)
Interesting Narrative Essay Topics
- The time you took a risk to achieve something
- A wrong call that changed your life
- The time you got in trouble for bunking college
- A time you were jealous of someone that everybody liked
- What makes you ordinary
- An overwhelming situation that you dealt with patience
- The time when you felt insecure
- The time you had to give up the most valuable thing to save your friend
- Share an experience of forgiving a person that hurt you
- The first impression you had of someone that was wrong
- The time you took advantage of a situation
- The time you played a gender card
- A situation that affected your reputation
- A person who saved your day
- A boring evening that turned into an exciting night
(back to top)
Easy Narrative Essay Topics
- The time you did something life-threatening
- How did you follow your dreams?
- How to learn from rejection?
- A road trip to remember
- How did you survive a natural disaster?
- A lie that destroyed your life
- Weirdest job interview
- Growing up in the countryside
- A person that you accidentally met and can never forget
- What you love most about your neighborhood
- How to find time for your family?
- A table talk you will always remember
- The moment when you hardly believed that your sister is right
- The day you realized how important it is to plan things
- Your best friend’s wedding
Whether you are writing a narrative essay for high school or university, it is essential to pick a good topic. The audience will never read a document with a boring title. So choose something that instantly grabs the reader’s attention.
If your writing skills are weak and you can not risk your grades, get professional writers’ help. CollegeEssay.org is a professional writing hub that provides all sorts of academic help. Whether you need assistance with a narrative paper or a college essay, expert writers can provide you with custom writing services.
Hiring writers at Collegeessay.org will help you achieve better grades in all your academic tasks. So place an order today, and feel free to contact our experts anytime!