Persuasive speech is a difficult task. From topic selection to writing the speech, then delivering it in front of a bunch of audiences, makes things challenging.
The quality of a persuasive speech highly depends on the topic. It is challenging for students and speakers to find the perfect topic. They have to impress the listeners and make them understand the whole idea.
Unique and interesting topics grab the attention of the listeners and give confidence to the speaker.
Are you also one of the students who is looking for an excellent persuasive speech? If yes, keep reading this blog. We have summed up everything you need to know for a good persuasive speech and 100 plus great topics.
Good Persuasive Speech Topics
For a good speech, you need to find some good persuasive speech topics. A good topic makes a speech more influential and impressive.
Here we have summed up an extensive list of some good persuasive speech topics.
Persuasive Speech Topics for University
- Should there be a tax on religious organizations?
- Should priests be allowed to marry?
- Should there be a ban on the religious slaughter of animals?
- Should libraries be replaced with e-books?
- Should Bitcoin be recognized as a legal currency?
- Which country is the safest in the world?
- Is the idea of peace on earth practical?
- Should advertising be aimed at children?
- Has freedom of the press gone beyond limits?
- How can public speaking help in building confidence?
Persuasive Speech Topics for High School Students
- Should community service be an obligation in high schools?
- Should school students be allowed to use their phones in school?
- Should art classes be enforced in all schools?
- Is the concept of co-ed acceptable?
- Should soda and sweets be allowed in schools?
- Does GPA actually matter?
- Is it reasonable to shut down public schools that are not performing well on test scores?
- Should college admission officers run psychological tests?
- Is it illegal to drop students out?
- Should textbooks be replaced with laptops or tablets?
Persuasive Speech Topics for Kids
- Using cell phones during the lecture allowed?
- Good ways to spend pocket money.
- Should parents allow sleepovers without any insecurity?
- How to bury a time capsule properly?
- Small kids can have their own pets.
- Moving to a large city from the village.
- Which items should a kid take on vacation?
- Why is a war so scary?
- Do elementary school students obtain a fair amount of homework?
- Junk meals must be banned at school.
Persuasive Speech Topics on Health and Fitness
- The purchase of birth control should be allowed without their parent's consent.
- Should lying about your HIV status with someone you're sleeping is illegal.
- The government should put a tax on soda and other sugary drinks.
- High schools provide free condoms to students.
- Should the US switch to single-payer health care?
- Healthy people must donate blood regularly.
- Concept of assisted suicide.
- Boxing should be declared illegal.
- Schools should teach all students to swim.
- Should college athletes be paid for being on a sports team?
Persuasive Speech Topics for College Students
- Legalization of gambling.
- Laws for prostitution.
- What are helmet laws?
- What are zoning laws?
- Famous election reforms till now.
- What is the Patriot Act?
- Essential rights for women.
- Should minors get adult jail sentences?
- Distant learning or traditional classes?
- Pros & cons of online education.
Persuasive Speech Topics for Teens
- Everyone should stop littering.
- The importance of using different instruments in school.
- Concept of clubbing among teenagers.
- Parents should be required to learn how to keep their kids busy.
- Going to bed early is important.
- Pros & cons of eating sweets
- School breaks should be longer
- Bringing a pet to the educational institution
- The dress code is a limitation of freedom
- Violent video games are not dangerous
Persuasive Speech Topics About Animals
- Wild deer hunting should be banned.
- All pets should be microchipped.
- It is wrong to use animals in zoos and circuses.
- Beauty goods should be banned on animals
- Training home pets.
- Exotic animals should not be kept as pets.
- The dog must be trained as a service animal.
- It is unethical to crossbreed animals to get hybrids.
- Effects of poaching on the economy.
- Should pets be kept outdoors?
Easy Persuasive Speech Topics
- Cooking at home is safer and economical.
- Law for a 3-day weekend.
- Public places should have free Wi-Fi.
- All the citizens of the United States must complete at least one community service program.
- Healthcare representatives must be examined for HIV and AIDS.
- The effects of social media on the mental health of students.
- Genetically modified foods are bad for health.
- There should be some rules to choose the perfect persuasive speech topic.
- Start writing the essay with a good topic.
- The development of a child’s behavior.
Funny Persuasive Speech Topics
- What pets think about their masters
- Things a driving instructor won’t mention.
- Reasons to hate one’s name.
- The client is always right.
- McDonald’s is the least favorite restaurant.
- When the clothes are everything that makes the man
- Legalizing marijuana will make everyone happy
- Drinking wine every day to prolong the life
- Being an expert in gaming.
- Girls are better than boys at driving cars.
Unique Persuasive Speech Topics
- Polygamy is not an illegal act.
- Providing a judge with the sole power of decision-making
- Lesbian couples should not be allowed to have a child
- Impacts of biological weapons.
- Torture is helpful in the investigation.
- Learning a foreign language should be compulsory in high school.
- Legalizing euthanasia will benefit everyone.
- The merits of genetically modified organisms.
- A security camera is an invasion of privacy.
- CEOs’ wages are high without reason.
Controversial Persuasive Speech Topics
- Parents must be informed when their underage daughter chooses to make an abortion?
- Is it ethical to conduct genetic research on aborted fetuses?
- How can seat belts prevent fatal casualties in traffic accidents?
- Is sex ed at schools an important factor in personality building?
- School kids must be educated about the prevention of rape and other sexual misconduct.
- Can we lower the percentage of suicides by legalizing euthanasia?
- Dangers of sleepwalking.
- The hidden threat of vaporizers.
- The myth of electronic cigarettes being less harmful than tobacco
- Why we should be skeptical about diet pills
Persuasive Speech Topics on Medical Issues
- The American healthcare system has a lot of flaws.
- Exercise can help you avoid health problems.
- Effects of fast food?
- An animal should not be used for a drug test.
- How diabetes can affect a person’s performance at work.
- Consequences of skipping breakfasts.
- Can fast food be healthy?
- Why we should consume little amounts of salt.
- Do we eat too much meat?
- Why is the importance of good sleep?
Back to top
How to Choose a Persuasive Speech Topic?
Picking up a topic for a persuasive speech is not simple. However, the following are some simple steps that could be considered when deciding your speech topic.
To write a speech, choose a unique topic. Along with that, make sure that you have at least some knowledge about the topic.
A familiar topic will make the writing process easy. It will also make it easy for you to make the listeners understand your point of view.
It's best to choose such a topic in which you are genuinely interested. Writing a speech involves a lot of research work as you have to collect factual data.
An interesting topic would make the research process easy for you, and you will easily deliver it to the audience.
3. The Audience's Interest
The target audience plays a major in the success of your speech. If they find the topic interesting, it is highly probable that they will immediately agree with your point of view
Do not choose a topic that is purely according to your mindset. Consider the interest level of your intended audience as well.
Choose a topic that allows you to be more descriptive and expressive. It will allow the audience to visualize an image in mind, which will tend to persuade them more.
5. Not Overdone
When a discussion revolves around a certain topic over and over again, the audience gets bored. They lose all interest in listening to what you are saying.
Avoid repeating the topics as it will make it very difficult for you to keep the listeners attentive towards your speech.
6. Emotional Topics
Emotions are real game-changers and motivators. There is a high chance that your intended audience will get more influenced by an emotional topic. Thus, choosing an emotional topic would add an extra spark to your speech.
People prefer to hear about something that is related to their life or situation. Therefore, consider your target audience and choose a topic related to their community, profession, or culture.
You might look into newspapers or other news sources to find such topics. You might also look into some unique debate topics. They might help you pick out a topic and modify it for your persuasive speech.
Persuasive speeches can be difficult to compose as one needs strong intellectual skills and very good writing skills. Plus, writing a speech is a time-consuming task as it is all about researching and writing.
The way of delivering a speech also plays a significant role in making it impactful and effective. But, unfortunately, preparing a speech is yet another time-consuming task. Writing a speech and then preparing it can be daunting and tiring.
Avoid all this stress and load; the best approach is to seek help from professionals. At CollegeEssay.org, we provide you with the best writing services and help you write a strong and effective persuasive speech.
You might take a look at our samples which will help you write a college essay. In addition, we have an extensive team of professional writers and a customer support team. They are available around the clock to take care of your queries.
Place your order now and get your speech written at the best price.